BOARD MEETING MINUTES, PINEWOOD SANITARY DISTRICT
May 10, 2018
Chairman of the Board, Dick Drinen, called the meeting to order at 3:00 P.M.
1. Pledge of Allegiance:
2. Roll call was taken: all present
3. Present: Dick Drinen, Robert Rose, Bob Timberman, Mike Sims, Len Friedlund, Scott Bowen, Gail Van Deurzen
A. Administrative Information:
5. Approval of Board minutes for April 12, 2018
Approved as presented
6. Correspondence: Will be discussed during meeting.
7. Expenses Review: Good
8. Legal Counsel: Closed out Risser issue. Made them aware of issues on the West side but no action will be taken. Will be forming a records retention plan and appointing a records retention officer.
9. Operation Report: - Jim Wilson / Collections Ė Lee Krosnicki: Good
B. Unfinished Business:
10. Status of West Side I-17 sewer expansion:
A. Report on meeting with ADEQ and Munds Park RV Park: We have approved easements. Shuster having problems coming up with plans for phase 2 connection and decommission. Per ADEQ PSD will be approving Shusterís plans before moving forward.
B. Construction Status Received stop work order from Coconino County. ADEQ called County and we sent them the documents they needed. The County wonít let us fill in the ditch.
C. Discuss Conditional Use Permits (2) for West Side Project: Should have structural plans next week.
11. North Lodge update
A. Consent Order Amendment & Telecom with ADEQ: Moving forward nicely.
B. Construction timeline: Anticipate backfilling in 1-2 weeks. Stem wall is complete. We should have approval to discharge within a few days of completion of project.
C. Conditional use permit Status & building permit status: County will give final approval of CUP once we meet requirements.
12. Discussion on Sewer Use Ordinance and ARS Section 48-2027 (H):
A. Discuss proposed edits to document and proposed changes to fee schedule. All corrections have been made. Northernaire (Navajo Rd and Havasupai Rd) and East Side Commercial will be included in changes. North Lodge and West Side Commercial will be done at a later date. Motion to add Scottís correction to section 2; motioned by Bob, second by Mike. Motion passed unanimously.
13. Discuss District Managerís contract. Will be changing the section on termination pay. Going from annual to hourly so we have to change it to reflect ASRS 20/20 rule. Will have copies at the next meeting. Scott noted that it is important for the District to retain Mr. Wilsonís services.
14. Discuss Bylaw revisions. Indemnification for Board members recommendation by Scott.
15. Review proposed budget for Fiscal year 2018-2019.
C. New Business
16. Motion to table Bylaw revisions pending further review. Moved by Scott, second by Gail. Passed unanimously.
17. Motion to adopt District Managerís contract. Moved by Mike, second by Gail. Passed.
Yea-Dick, Gail, Robert, Bob, Mike, Len Nay-Scott
Open call to the public for non-agenda items. None (Limits to 5 minutes will be enforced)
Meeting Adjourned at 4:25 P.M.
Clerk of the Board